GityKins has came up with a better way of enabling street view that makes it so that you do not get the ‘no service’ error message.
All credit for discovery goes ot timmyj9, except this one requires no changing to XML and binary, and also get rid of the “No Service” bug that pops up after enabling said feature.
1) Install the following packages from Cydia:
2) Run these commands in MobileTerminal (named “Terminal” on SpringBoard/Home screen)
plutil -c xml1 /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45AP.plist
plutil -c xml1 /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings
3) SSH to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
4) Copy and Paste the N45Ap.plist file to the same firectory, and name N45AP-2.plist
5) Open the N45AP.plist (original) in any general text editor (Notepad, etc)
6) Find this in the file (10-15 lines down):
7) Underneath that (press enter at end of <true/>) paste this:
8) Save the file as N45AP.plist
9) SSH to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj,
10) Copy and Paste SpringBoard.strings, and name it one SpringBoard-2.strings
11) Open the original in any text editor.
12) Hit Ctrl + F (Cmd + F for Mac) and search for: No Service
or you can look about 2/5 of the way down where it says:
13) Replace the stuff in between <string></string> with what you want it to say.
If you want the “iPod” back, it should now read this: