A very serious flaw has been found in the popular internet broswer ‘Internet Explorer’ which was created by Microsoft. Users have been advised to swtich to another such as Mozilla FireFox or Google Chrome.
This bug in the software allows criminals to possibly obtain all passwords written on the password and obtain the control of the users computer.
Internet Explorer is the most widely used browser mainly because it is the one included in all of Microsoft Windows OS.
“Microsoft is continuing its investigation of public reports of attacks against a new vulnerability in Internet Explorer.”
That is what Microsoft security firm have said about the problem. The problem was detected on the IE 7.0 version but has supposedly been present on all previous version.
MICROSOFT SECURITY ADVICE
- Change IE security settings to high (Look under Tools/Internet Options)
- Switch to a Windows user account with limited rights to change a PC’s settings
- With IE7 or 8 on Vista turn on Protected Mode
- Ensure your PC is updated
- Keep anti-virus and anti-spyware software up to date
I repeat again, you should change browser now to be sure that you do not get affect by this. Other browsers to use are Mozilla FireFox or Google Chrome. There are more but those are the other main ones.