Here is a guide showing how to jailbreak 2.2.1 on the original iPod Touch (1st gen) for windows and macs.
1. iPhone 3G users: If you want to unlock your iPhone 3G, do not upgrade to firmware 2.2.1 through iTunes, you must use a custom firmware through PwnageTool (only available to MAC users).
2. Firmware 2.2.1 permanently upgrades the iPhone 3G’s baseband to 02.30.03 and yellowsn0w unlock will not work with this baseband (so you won’t have an unlock if you upgrade your baseband). You must make a custom firmware with baseband 02.28 using PwnageTool.
3. If you’re using MAC 105.6 you won’t be able to get into DFU Mode but here is how you can do this:
- You will need an account with vADC (loper Connection) this is free and takes a few minutes to sign up, you should read the terms and conditions carefully and you should only sign up if you are thinking of developing applications in the future – http:// Deedeveloper.apple.com/mac/
- Download the disk image “IOUSBFamily Log release for Mac OS X 10.5.5 Build 9F33” (yes, that is a “5” in 10.5.5 – this is a developer debug package of the USB kernel extension).
- Install IOUSBFamily-315.4.1.pkg from within the disk image
- Reboot your system!
iPhone 3G locked users
If you don’t ever want to unlock your iPhone 3G then just update to firmware 2.2.1 through iTunes and run QuickPWN to jailbreak.
iPhone 2G users
Just update to firmware 2.2.1 through iTunes and run QuickPWN in order to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone.
iPod Touch 1G users
Update to firmware 2.2.1 through iTunes and run QuickPWN to jailbreak.
iPod Touch 2G users
- Quickpwn tool for 2.2.1 (MAC): DOWNLOAD
- Quickpwn tool for 2.2.1 (WINDOWS): DOWNLOAD
- PwnageTool for 2.2.1: DOWNLOAD
Got the guide from QuickPwn.com